Showing entries with verbs only.
- きくcommon kikucommon 【効く · 利く】
- godan く verb → conjugation / intransitive:
- to be effective; to show effect; → 薬が効く 例文
- 薬はすぐ効いた。 The medicine had an immediate effect.
- 薬が効いた。 The medicine has worked. ▾
- to do its work; to carry out its function well; → 目が利く 例文
- to be possible to use → 割引が効く 例文
- きくcommon kikucommon 【聞く · 聴く · 訊く】
- godan く verb → conjugation / transitive:
- to hear 例文
- to listen (e.g. to music) —Usu. 聴く. 例文
- to ask; to enquire; to query —Formal 聴く.
- きくする kikusuru 【掬する】
- する verb (special class) → conjugation / transitive:
- to scoop up (with both hands)
- to empathize with; to take into consideration