Showing entries with verbs only.
- とおるcommon toorucommon 【通る · 徹る · 透る】
- godan る verb → conjugation / intransitive:
- to go by; to go past; to go along; to travel along; to pass through; to use (a road); to take (a route); to go via; to go by way of 例文
- to run (between); to operate (between); to connect —Of public transport.
- to go indoors; to go into a room; to be admitted; to be shown in; to be ushered in; to come in
- to penetrate; to pierce; to skewer; to go through; to come through
- to permeate; to soak into; to spread throughout
- to carry (e.g. of a voice); to reach far
- to be passed on (e.g. of a customer's order to the kitchen); to be relayed; to be conveyed
- to pass (a test, a bill in the House, etc.); to be approved; to be accepted
- to go by (a name); to be known as; to be accepted as; to have a reputation for
- to be coherent; to be logical; to be reasonable; to be comprehensible; to be understandable; to make sense
- to get across (e.g. of one's point); to be understood
- to be straight (e.g. wood grain)
- to be well-informed; to be wise; —Archaism.
- suffix / godan る verb → conjugation:
- to do ... completely; to do ... thoroughly —After the -masu stem of a verb.