Showing entries with auxiliaries only.
- なり nari 【也】
- auxiliary verb:
- to be (an affirmation) —Usually written using kana alone. Archaism. Meaning 〜だ、〜である. 例文
- to be (location) —Usually written using kana alone. Archaism. Meaning 〜にある、〜にいる. Usu. なる. → なる
- noun / suffix:
- sum of money (used to express an exact sum on a receipt, envelope, certificate, etc.) —Usu. 也.
- なりけり narikeri【なりけり】
- expression / auxiliary verb:
- auxiliary verb indicating the speaker's personal recollection or something they've heard (e.g. "was", "wasn't it?", "is said to have ...", etc.) —Archaism.