Showing entries with verbs only.
- あたるcommon atarucommon 【当たる · 当る · 中る · 中たる】
- godan る verb → conjugation / intransitive:
- to be hit; to strike; ↔ 外す 例文
- to touch; to be in contact; to be affixed
- to be equivalent to; to be applicable; to apply to 例文
- to be right on the money (of a prediction, criticism, etc.) 例文
- to be selected (in a lottery, etc.); to win 例文
- to be successful; to go well; to be a hit
- to face; to confront
- to lie (in the direction of)
- to undertake; to be assigned
- to be stricken (by food poisoning, heat, etc.); to be afflicted 例文
- 彼はフグにあたった。 He was poisoned by the globefish he ate.
- 暑さにあたった。 I was affected by the summer heat.
- to be called upon (by the teacher)
- to treat (esp. harshly); to lash out at
- to be unnecessary —As 〜するには当たらない, etc..
- (in baseball) to be hitting well; to be on a hitting streak —Usu. as 当たっている.
- (in fishing) to feel a bite
- (of fruit, etc.) to be bruised; to spoil
- godan る verb → conjugation / transitive:
- to feel (something) out; to probe into; to check (i.e. by comparison)
- to shave
トウ あ.たる あ.たり あ.てる あ.て まさ.に まさ.にべしTOU a.taru a.tari a.teru a.te masa.ni masa.nibeshi
hit; right; appropriate; himself