- yes?; no?; isn't it?; is it? - used at sentence-end; indicates a question (sometimes rhetorical)
- or; whether or not - after each alternative
- some- (e.g. something, someone) - after an interrogative ➜ 何か
- hmm; huh - indicates doubt, uncertainty, etc.; sometimes after other particles ➜ とか
- very - emphatic prefix; usu. before an adjective ➜ か弱い
- -al; -ial; -ic; -ical; -ish; -y - suffix forming adjectives or adverbs; after an indeclinable word ➜ 定か
- in that way - archaism
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.