- かぶる☆・かむる《被る・冠る》 Inflection
godan ~る verb / transitive:
- to put on (one's head); to wear; to have on; to pull over (one's head); to crown (oneself)
- to be covered with (dust, snow, etc.); to pour (water, etc.) on oneself; to dash on oneself; to ship water
- to bear (e.g. someone's debts, faults, etc.); to take (blame); to assume (responsibility); to shoulder (burden)
- to overlap (e.g. sound or color)
- to be similar; to be redundant
godan ~る verb / intransitive verb:
- to be fogged (due to overexposure, etc.) - of film
- to close; to come to an end - of a play, etc.
- to get a full house; to sell out - of a play, etc.
- to blunder; to bungle; to fail - of a play, etc. - archaism ➜ 毛氈を被る
- to be deceived - archaism
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.