- bill; bill of sale; payment invoice
- tab (for later payment); credit
- contact move (in go); direct attack to an enemy stone - usually written using kana alone
- sound effect produced by striking with clappers a wooden board in kabuki - usually written using kana alone
- letter - archaism
- reason; motive; pretext - archaism
- one's fortune; one's luck - archaism
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.