- 挨拶☆【あいさつ】 Inflection
noun / ~する noun / ~の noun:
- greeting; greetings; salutation; salute; polite set phrase used when meeting or parting from somebody
- polite set phrase used to express apology, sympathy, congratulations, etc.
- speech (congratulatory or appreciative); address
- reply; response
- revenge; retaliation - slang
- a fine thing to say - used sarcastically as a response to a rude remark; usu. in the form of ご挨拶 - humorous term
- dialoging (with another Zen practitioner to ascertain their level of enlightenment) - orig. meaning ➜ 一挨一拶
- relationship (between people); connection - archaism
- intervention; mediation; mediator - archaism
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.
We're trying to keep Tangorin free and ad-free. If you like this dictionary, help us out with a donation so we can keep making it better.Donate