upper nidan verb (archaic) / intransitive verb:
- to fall down; to drop; to fall (e.g. rain); to sink (e.g. sun or moon); to fall onto (e.g. light or one's gaze) - archaism ➜ 落ちる
- to be omitted; to be missing - archaism ➜ 落ちる
- to crash; to degenerate; to degrade; to fall behind - archaism ➜ 落ちる
- to be removed (e.g. illness, possessing spirit, name on a list) - archaism ➜ 落ちる
- to fall (into someone's hands); to become someone's possession - archaism ➜ 落ちる
- to fall; to be defeated; to surrender - archaism ➜ 落ちる
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.