- yes; that is correct; right
- um; errr
- grrr; gah; Must I?
noun or verb acting prenominally:
- good - Kansai dialect ➜ 良い
- let me see; well; errr ...; uhh ...
- heave-ho (chant when doing heavy work)
- えぐい《刳い・蘞い・醶い》 Inflection
- harsh; acrid; pungent; astringent
- strong-minded; heartless; inconsiderate
adjective / interjection:
- nasty; gross - slang
- amazing - slang
- hooray! - often used adverbially as 得たりとばかり
- heh heh heh; tee-hee; giggle
- huh?; what's up? ➜ はあ
- hey!; you! - sometimes used threateningly
- hurray; hurrah
- go for it; heave; ugh
- heave-ho!; one-two-three heave!
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.
We're trying to keep Tangorin free and ad-free. If you like this dictionary, help us out with a donation so we can keep making it better.Donate