- you said; he said; she said; they said - casual quoting particle ➜ と
- if ... then - indicates supposition
- do you seriously think that - as かって; indicates a satirical or rhetorical question
- I already told you; you should know by now that; of course - indicates certainty, insistence, emphasis, etc.
- the said ... - abbr. of という
- says that ... - abbr. of と言っている
- I hear that ... - abbr. of と聞いている
- as for the term ... - abbr. of とは, というのは
- as for ... - equiv. of は topic marker
- a sort of thing like; used after a phrase to modify the following noun
- even if; even though - also でも, っても
- wow - abbreviation ➜ さても
- speaking of - indicates emotional closeness or annoyance with someone - colloquialism
- (I told you) already; come on - indicates annoyance (in sentence-final position) - colloquialism
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.
We're trying to keep Tangorin free and ad-free. If you like this dictionary, help us out with a donation so we can keep making it better.Donate