Results, も #part
- too; also; in addition; as well; (not) either (in a negative sentence)
- both A and B; A as well as B; neither A nor B (in a negative sentence) - as ＡもＢも
- even; as much as; as many as; as far as; as long as; no less than; no fewer than - used for emphasis or to express absence of doubt regarding a quantity, etc.
- even if; even though; although; in spite of - often as 〜ても, 〜でも, 〜とも, etc.
- further; more; again; another; the other - colloquialism - abbreviation ➜ もう
- but; although
- indicates reason or excuse - used as a conjunction or at sentence-end, often as 〜ものな, 〜ものね
- indicates dissatisfaction; indicates desire to be pampered or indulged - at sentence-end - female language
- used to create a form of question indicating that the speaker actually believes the opposite is true; emphasizes a determination not to do something, e.g. "Like hell I will!" - male language
conjunction / particle:
- although; but; even though; I wish that - usu. at sentence end; with nuance of strong discontent
- particle used to indicate the speaker's hope, desire, wish, etc. (e.g. "it would be nice if ...", "I wish there were ...", etc.)
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.