- such things as ...; and ... and - used for non-exhaustive lists related to a specific time and place
- the minute (that) ...; no sooner than ...; as soon as - after the dictionary form of a verb ➜ や否や
- be; is - plain copula - Kansai dialect ➜ だ
- o; oh - punctuational exclamation in haiku, renga, etc.
- huh; what - interjection expressing surprise
- hi - male language
- yes; what? - archaism
- yes?; no?; is it?; isn't it? - indicates a question - archaism
expression / particle:
- isn't it; right?; you know? - indicates emphasis, etc. - Kansai dialect
- denotes uncertainty ➜ とやら
- such things as A and B; A and B and so on; A and B and the like; A and B and whatnot - as ＡやらＢやら...
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.
We're trying to keep Tangorin free and ad-free. If you like this dictionary, help us out with a donation so we can keep making it better.Donate