Results, よ #part
- hey; you - at sentence-end; indicates certainty, emphasis, contempt, request, etc.
- hey - after a noun; used when calling out to someone
- hey; hold on - in mid-sentence; used to catch one's breath or get someone's attention
- yo; hey
- from; out of; since; at; on
- except; but; other than
- (I) will; (I) shall - on non-五段 stem, e.g. 食べる→食べよう; indicates intention
- let's - on non-五段 stem; indicates suggestion or invitation
- (I) wonder (if); might it be (that); maybe; perhaps; perchance - on non-五段 stem; indicates speculation
- hey; yo; hi - familiar language
- come on; hey - empathetic version of よ ➜ よ
expression / particle:
- ...isn't that right? - compound particle used at sentence-end
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.