Results, 振り ふり
noun / counter:
- swing; shake; wave; swinging
- appearance; behaviour - usually written using kana alone
- pretence (pretense); show; pretending (to) - oft. after a noun+の or verb in the dictionary form - usually written using kana alone ➜ 振りをする
noun / ~の noun:
- going to restaurant, hotel etc. without a reservation or introduction - usually written using kana alone
- move (dance); postures
- lead in (e.g. to a running joke, asking a question); lead up - oft. as フリ - usually written using kana alone ➜ 前振り
- unsewn part of a hanging sleeve on a traditional Japanese woman's garment
suffix / counter:
- counter for swords, blades, etc.
- not wearing underwear or pants - archaism
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.