Results, 歳 #n
year-end; age; occasion; opportunity
- 止 stop
- 세 [se]
- Example words:
- annual revenue (government); annual income (government); budget receipts
- time; years
移住者の部落が野蛮人によって征服され、移住者の希望も生活も土壇場にきた時、長い歳月をかけての不幸とのたたかいに終止符がうたれた。 Years of resistance to misfortune ended when the settlers' village was overcome by the savages and their hopes and lives came to the bitter end.
noun or verb acting prenominally:
- old (person); aged
- (motion of) precession of the equinoxes - Astronomy term ➜ 歳差【さいさ】
- precession - Physics term
- labor system in which able-bodied men were required to work for periods in the capital (ritsuryo system)
adverb / noun:
- annually; every year; year in and year out; from year to year - four character idiom
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.