Showing entries with verbs only.
- させるcommon saserucommon 【為せる】
- ichidan verb → conjugation / transitive:
- to make (someone) do —Usually written using kana alone. → する【為る】 例文
- to allow (someone) to 例文
- せる · させる seru · saseru【せる · させる】
- auxiliary verb / ichidan verb → conjugation:
- auxiliary verb indicating the causative —せる is for 五段 verbs, させる for 一段; follows the imperfective form of (v5) and (vs) verbs; senses 1-3 of せる are sometimes abbreviated as 〜す.
- auxiliary verb indicating that one has been granted the permission to do something —Humble Language ｢謙譲語｣. Usu. as 〜(さ)せてもらう, 〜(さ)せていただく, etc..
- auxiliary verb used to make verbs more "active"
- auxiliary verb used as an extreme honorific for others' actions —Honorific language ｢尊敬語｣. As 〜(さ)せられる, 〜あら(さ)せられる, 〜(さ)せ給う, etc..