Showing entries with adverbs only.
- じっとcommon · じーっと · じーと · じいっと jittocommon · jiitto · jiito · jiitto 【凝乎と】
- adverb / noun / noun or participle with aux. verb する → conjugation:
- motionlessly —Onomatopoeia. Usually written using kana alone. じーっと is more emphatic. 凝乎と is rare.. 例文
- She will sometimes sit still for hours.
- Her hands are never still. ▾
- fixedly (e.g. of staring) —Usually written using kana alone. 例文
- She was conscious of being stared at by a stranger.
- Her eyes rested on the young man reading newspaper. ▾
- patiently —Usually written using kana alone. 例文
- The farmer was patient with the unruly horse.
- Small businesses will have to tighten their belts to survive. ▾
- firmly (e.g. hold); restrained; —Usually written using kana alone. 例文
- We ate with chopsticks in restrained silence.
- じっとり jittori【じっとり】
- adverb / noun or participle with aux. verb する → conjugation:
- damp; moist (negative nuance)