raise; plan; project; behavior; actions
- Example words:
- general election (of the lower house)
- to raise; to elevate; / to do up (one's hair); / to fly (a kite, etc.); to launch (fireworks, etc.); to surface (a submarine, etc.); / to land (a boat); / to deep-fry; / to show someone (into a room); / to summon (for geishas, etc.); / to send someone (away); / to enrol (one's child in school); to enroll; / to increase (price, quality, status, etc.); to develop (talent, skill); to improve; / to make (a loud sound); to raise (one's voice); / to earn (something desirable); / to praise; / to give (an example, etc.); to cite; / to summon up (all of one's energy, etc.); / to arrest; / to nominate; / to give; / to offer up (incense, a prayer, etc.) to the gods (or Buddha, etc.); / to bear (a child); / to conduct (a ceremony, esp. a wedding); / (of the tide) to come in; / to vomit; / to do for (the sake of someone else); / to complete ...; / to humbly do ...
- small electoral district; single-member constituency
- one effort; one action
- 上げる☆【あげる】挙げる★・揚げる☆ Inflection
ichidan verb / transitive:
- to raise; to elevate ➜ 手を挙げる
ichidan verb / intransitive verb:
- (of the tide) to come in
ichidan verb / intransitive verb / transitive:
- to vomit
auxiliary verb / ichidan verb:
- to do for (the sake of someone else) - after the -te form of a verb - usually written using kana alone - polite language
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.