Showing results 26-50:
- one full game (consisting of east, south, west, and north rounds) - Mahjong term - From Chinese "yizhuang" ➜ 半荘
- repeated events (meetings, drinking sessions, etc.); series of events; streak; straight
- dealer continuing as dealer and east after winning; dealer keep - orig. meaning - Mahjong term
- distinguished person - four character idiom
- thirteen orphans; winning hand containing one of each terminal and honor tile plus one extra copy of any of them - Mahjong term
- テンパる Inflection
godan ~る verb / intransitive verb:
- to become one tile away from completion - Mahjong term ➜ 聴牌
- to be at one's wits' end; to be about to blow one's fuse
- テンパイ《聴牌》 Inflection
noun / ~する noun:
- fishing (i.e. needing one more tile for completion) - Mahjong term - From Chinese "tingpai"
- white dragon tile - Mahjong term - From Chinese
- shaved pubic area; person with little or no pubic hair - colloquialism - usually written using kana alone
- safe tile; tile that may be discarded without risking benefiting an opponent - Mahjong term
- no-risk choice; easily handled person - idiom
- declaring that one is one tile away from winning while one's hand is completely concealed - Mahjong term - From Chinese "lizhi"
- being one step away from completing something (winning, losing, game over, etc.)
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.