- vodka - From Russian
- (one's) quota; assignment - From Russian "norma"
- hideout; secret base of operations; safe house - From Russian "agitpunkt"
- salted salmon roe (i.e. individual mature eggs) - From Russian "ikra" ➜ 筋子
- カンパ☆ Inflection
noun / ~する noun:
- fund raising campaign - abbreviation - From Russian "kampanya" ➜ カンパニア
- clerk; office worker
- kulak - From Russian
- industrial complex - From Russian "kombinat"
- self-defence (defense) (type of wrestling) - abbreviation - From Russian "sambo"
- meal (food, ground grain) - From English
- Mir (Russian space station) - From Russian
- meel; Indian club; type of exercise equipment - obscure term - From Persian
- ruble (Russian currency); rouble ［ルーブル］ - From Russian "rubl"
- Louvre (Museum)
- Alice band; horseshoe-shaped hairband made of metal or plastic (often covered with cloth) - named after a character in Tolstoy's novel "Resurrection" - From Russian "Katyusha"
- Katyusha rocket launcher (Soviet)
- kremlin; citadel in Russian town - From Russian "kreml'"
- Great Kremlin Palace (Moscow); Kremlin
- Russian government; (former) Soviet government
- Comintern; Communist International; Third International - From Russian "Komintern"
- troika - From Russian "troyka"
- perestroika; reform movement within the Soviet Communist Party in the 1980s - From Russian "perestroyka"
- intelligentsia - From Russian
- Vostok (Soviet space craft) - From Russian
- kvass; fermented beverage made from rye bread - From Russian "kvas"
- glasnost; Soviet policy of open discussion of political and social issues in the 1980s - From Russian "glasnost'"
- Georgia - From Russian "Gruziya"
- cosmonaut - From Russian "kosmonavt"
- Komsomol; youth division of the Soviet Communist Party - From Russian
- kolkhoz; collective farm - From Russian
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.
We're trying to keep Tangorin free and ad-free. If you like this dictionary, help us out with a donation so we can keep making it better.Donate