- lilac (Syringa vulgaris) - From French "lilas" ➜ ライラック
- lira (currency) - From Italian or Turkish
- lyra - From Greek
- shish kebab - From Turkish "şiş kebap"
- zurna (Anatolian woodwind instrument); surnay - From Turkish
- pasha; honorary title in Ottoman Empire and pre-republican Egypt - From Turkish "paşa"
~と adverb / adverb:
- click; sound of a camera shutter - onomatopoeia ➜ パシャッと
- yurt - From Turkish ➜ ゲル
- saz (Near-Eastern and Central-Asian lute-like instrument) - From Turkish "saz"
- doner kebab - From Turkish "döner kebap"
- Janissaries; Janissary corps; elite infantry in the Ottoman Empire - From Turkish "Yeniçeri"
- meze; mezze; Greek or Turkish appetizers - From Turkish
- secularism (in Turkey); laïcité - From Turkish "laiklik"
- Turkish delight - From Turkish "lokum"
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.