- Don (Spanish honorific) - From Spanish
- dong (Vietnamese currency) - From Vietnamese
- ao dai (traditional Vietnamese dress) - From Vietnamese
- formerly used Vietnamese script based on Chinese characters - From Vietnamese "chữ nôm"
- four ➜ フォア
- pho; Vietnamese noodle soup - From Vietnamese
- banh mi (sandwich) - Food term - From Vietnamese
- doi moi; Vietnamese economic renovation program, initiated in 1986 - From Vietnamese
- Vietnamese alphabet - From Vietnamese "quoc ngu"
- Tet; Vietnamese New Year - From Vietnamese "tết"
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.