- "So, you'll go out with me if I don't have to repeat a year?" "I don't care for 'what if' stories."
- Er, well, I'd like to take a vote. Would people in favour of Mr Ogawa's proposition please raise their hands.
- "It's pool-season from this week, isn't it?" "Oh yes. I've gotta go and buy a swimming suit, then."
- One month since entering high school ... not a single friend yet. That's really terrible, at this rate it will be middle-school all over again!!
- Well then I'll allow two on a bike, but you pedal, because I'll ride on the rack.
- With that sort of attitude you'll never get past the honourable-mention prizes.
- Right now my score in Cooking is about 45 out of 100. Great isn't it? That's not a fail!
- It's still impossible with the naked eye. With binoculars you might be able to glimpse it....
- I don't quite follow, but it looks like it will prove tricky. Ergh.
- Oh yes, you're right. Well, it's the way you shop that's tight-fisted then.
- "Right, I'll check your work, OK?" "Please go ahead and inspect. I think I gave it a good go."
- Midterm exams start next week. Just cramming the night before won't get you ready. There'll be a lot of tough questions. You should start studying today.
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.
We're trying to keep Tangorin free and ad-free. If you like this dictionary, help us out with a donation so we can keep making it better.Donate