- I want to disappear somewhere! I tend to feel like that in sultry summers.
- There's no way something like that would really happen, but it seemed just right to drive the point home.
- "I don't think she's an opponent you can ignore like that ..." "That's right, they say a cornered rat bites back, don't they?"
- "I'm going to see your father today, about career counselling." "You don't need to bother with that."
- 夕方でもう暗かったんですけど、ネコが電線を渡っているのを見ました。 そそそ、そんなことできるんですか、ネコって。
- It was evening and already dark but I saw a cat walking along a telephone wire. Can they do that, cats?
- "What? Are you doubting us?" "B-but, that is, suddenly 'spirit world', 'magical beings' - it's strange to ask me to believe."
- It's a job worth doing, but if I think about the working hours and the risk ... I could be onto a real losing proposition here.
- With that sort of attitude you'll never get past the honourable-mention prizes.
- Well, for the practical problem, in the midst of those rumours flying around I'm surprised they've been able to keep that club running.
- That's pitiful ... don't put on such a death-bed voice from just a body slam.
- Don't you always sleep like a log yourself? I can understand your feelings of wanting them to enjoy their meal but don't be in such a rush.
- I saw one, a mermaid, when I was a primary schooler. But it wasn't that sort of fairy-tale atmosphere of a story.
- I like this town as it is. Although, there being so many stone stairs is a bit of a pain...
- Of course he thought it was a joke and let it slide with a "hm?" but he was seriously annoyed. I mean, just don't say things like that even as a joke!
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.
We're trying to keep Tangorin free and ad-free. If you like this dictionary, help us out with a donation so we can keep making it better.Donate