- but; however; though; nevertheless; still; yet; even so; also; as well
- however; no matter how; even if; even though
- ... or something
- either ... or ...; neither ... nor ... - as 〜でも〜でも
- pseudo-; quack; in-name-only - before an occupation, etc.
- for lack of anything better to do - before an occupation, etc. ➜ でもしか
- demonstration tape
- large street demonstration - From English "France demo"
- でもない☆《でも無い》 Inflection
expression / adjective:
- it is not (like that); used to explicitly deny one thing while also implicitly denying other things
- でもある☆ Inflection
godan ~る verb (irregular):
- to also be (implies that as well as the earlier stated this is also the case) - である with も; formal, literary ➜ である
- to be ... or something
- someone who became a teacher for lack of anything better to do - slang - derogatory term
- (of a woman) divorcing and moving back in with her parents - sensitive
- (of an employee) leaving a position only to return to it later
- (of a ship) leaving from and returning to the same port
- for lack of anything better to do - before an occupation, etc.
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.