- character (i.e. kanji)
- hand-writing; penmanship
- the ... word (i.e. "the L word" = "love") - as 〜の字 ➜ ほの字
noun / suffix:
- section of village
- Chinese courtesy name (name formerly given to adult Chinese men, used in place of their given name in formal situations)
- section of a village
character; letter; word; section of village
- 子 child
- 자 [ja]
- Example words:
- subtitles; captioning
- number of characters or letters
- wording; words and phrases; way of expression; token
- all honors; winning hand consisting only of honor tiles - Mahjong term - From Chinese
- formerly used Vietnamese script based on Chinese characters - From Vietnamese "chữ nôm"
- appearance of written words; impression given by written letters, characters, etc.
- literal meaning (of a piece of writing); superficial meaning
- face (of a printing type)
- superficial learning; book learning; merely knowing the meanings of a large number of individual words - four character idiom
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.