- Shōwa era (1926.12.25-1989.1.7); Showa era
- Shōwa Depression (Japanese part of the Great Depression); Showa Depression ➜ 世界大恐慌
- Shōwa restoration; Showa restoration; call for Imperial restoration by militarists in the 1930s
- (member of the generation born in) the first nine years of the Shōwa period (from 1926 to 1934) - four character idiom
- the flourishing mid-Shōwa period (1960s and early 1970s) of peace, rapid economic growth, and life of ease - four character idiom
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.