- measuring container; measure
- box (seating at a theatre, etc.)
- square on a grid; cell of a grid - esp. マス
- square bearing block (at the top of a pillar) ［斗］
measuring box; (kokuji)
- 木 tree
- 승 [seung]
- Example words:
- measuring container; measure; / box (seating at a theatre, etc.); / square on a grid; cell of a grid; / square bearing block (at the top of a pillar)
- measure; / square (e.g. of graph paper or Japanese manuscript paper); / box (e.g. on a form)
- tatami "box seat" for four people at sumo, kabuki, etc.
- square (shape); / square bearing block (at the top of a pillar); / (in a castle) rectangular space between the inner and outer gates (where troops can gather)
- alcohol (esp. sake) served in a small wooden box; alcohol (esp. sake) sold in a small wooden box
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.