wherefore; a reason
- 田 field
- 유 [yu]
- Example words:
- freedom; liberty; as it pleases you
- reason; pretext; motive
- reason; significance; cause; / piece of information that one has heard; I hear that ...; it is said that ...
- going through; going via; going by way of
- discomfort; inconvenience; / poverty; want; destitution; / disability; impairment (physical, mental, etc.)
- よる☆《因る・拠る・依る・由る》 Inflection
godan ~る verb / intransitive verb:
- to be due to; to be caused by - esp. 依る;拠る
- to depend on; to turn on - esp. 依る
- to be based on; to come from - esp. 因る;由る
- to be based at (a location, an organization); to be headquartered at - esp. 拠る
スポーツが人々に訴えるのは、その健康的側面によるだけでなく、チーム競技が養う協調精神、それに競争的側面そのものにもよるのである。 It's not only the health aspects of sports that appeal to people, but the cooperative aspect that team sports teach, and the competitive aspect in itself.
- 由来☆【ゆらい】 Inflection
noun / ~する noun / adverb:
- origin; source; history; derivation; reason; destiny
- non-ordained monk - early Japanese Christian term - archaism - From Portuguese "irmão"
- 由ありげ【よしありげ】由あり気 Inflection
- meaningful; suggestive; seeming to be with a history; seeming to be with circumstances that are hard to explain - archaism
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.