wherefore; a reason
- 田 field
- 유 [yu]
- Example words:
- freedom; liberty; as it pleases you
- reason; pretext; motive
- reason; significance; cause; / piece of information that one has heard; I hear that ...; it is said that ...
- going through; going via; going by way of
- discomfort; inconvenience; / poverty; want; destitution; / disability; impairment (physical, mental, etc.)
- よる☆《因る・拠る・依る・由る》 Inflection
godan ~る verb / intransitive verb:
- to be due to; to be caused by - esp. 依る;拠る
- to depend on; to turn on - esp. 依る
- to be based on; to come from - esp. 因る;由る
- to be based at (a location, an organization); to be headquartered at - esp. 拠る
スポーツが人々に訴えるのは、その健康的側面によるだけでなく、チーム競技が養う協調精神、それに競争的側面そのものにもよるのである。 It's not only the health aspects of sports that appeal to people, but the cooperative aspect that team sports teach, and the competitive aspect in itself.
- 由来☆【ゆらい】 Inflection
noun / ~する noun / adverb:
- origin; source; history; derivation; reason; destiny
- non-ordained monk - early Japanese Christian term - archaism - From Portuguese "irmão"
- 由ありげ【よしありげ】由あり気 Inflection
- meaningful; suggestive; seeming to be with a history; seeming to be with circumstances that are hard to explain - archaism