- 守る★【まもる】護る・戍るirr. Inflection
godan ~る verb / transitive:
- to protect; to guard; to defend
- to keep (i.e. a promise); to abide (by the rules); to observe; to obey; to follow
私はムスリムではないので断食を守る義務はないのだが、同じアパートで暮らす以上、そうした慣習に配慮することは大事なことだ。 I'm not a Muslim and so I have no obligation to observe the fast but as long as I'm living in the same apartment having consideration for such a custom is important.
- gum; rubber - From Dutch "gom"
- eraser - abbreviation ➜ 消しゴム
- condom - colloquialism
- 護衛☆【ごえい】 Inflection
noun / ~する noun:
- guard; convoy; escort
- garbage can; rubbish bin; trash can; dustbin
- homa; Buddhist rite of burning wooden sticks to ask a deity for blessings - Buddhism term
- homa stick; stick on which prayers are written, then ritually burnt before an idol to ask for blessings - Buddhism term
- defence of Buddhist doctrines; god who defends Buddhist doctrines - Buddhism term
- defence of the constitution
- religious power to dispel demons and diseases
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.