mirror; speculum; barrel-head; round rice-cake offering
- 金釒 metal, gold
- 경 [gyeong]
- Example words:
- panel; scene-panel
- painted backdrop (panel at the back of a noh stage), on which a pine tree is painted - symbolically a reflection of tree at the front of the stage
- mirror-shaped mochi, usu. a pair stacked in order of size with a daidai on top, used as a New Year offering, then cut and eaten on January 11.
- cutting the New Year's rice cake (January 11th)
- traditional breaking of a sake cask at weddings, receptions, etc.
- flowers reflected on a mirror and the moon reflected on the water's surface; something that is visible but having no substance; the subtle and profound beauty of poems that cannot be described in words - four character idiom
- room behind the curtain of a noh stage, where the actors prepare; greenroom (noh); mirror room [literal]
- hall of mirrors (at Versailles)
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.