- Example words:
- hen's egg
expression / noun:
- a swan among ducklings; a diamond among stones; a great figure among the common run of men - idiom
- cockscomb; crest
４月に孵化した雛も５ヶ月になった。身体の大きさは親鳥とほぼ同じ、オス鳥のとさかが少し小さいぐらいか。 The chicks hatched in April have also become 5 months old. Their bodies are about the same size as their parents, about the only difference is that the roosters have smaller crests than their father.
- catching birds (using a birdlime-covered pole); bird catcher
- slices of raw chicken meat; chicken sashimi ➜ 刺身
- maple (tree) (Acer spp.)
６００００キリリクイラスト：キリ番を踏んだBeikyuさんのサイト「小さなカエデの木のそばで」のイメージイラストを描いてほしいというリクエストを頂きました。 60,000 lucky number request: I got a request to draw an illustration for the site of Beikyu, who hit the lucky number, "Standing By A Little Maple Tree".
- better to be the beak of a rooster than the rump of a bull; better to be the leader of a small group than a subordinate in a large organization; better to be a big fish in a little pond than a little fish in a big pond - four character idiom
- person who resorts to petty tricks; a person of small caliber who is only capable of petty tricks - four character idiom
- silver cock's comb (Celosia argentea, esp. crested cock's comb, Celosia argentea var. cristata)
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.