chew; bite; gnaw
- Example words:
- to bite (at); to snap at; / to snap at (someone); to flare up at; to jump down (someone's) throat
- to bite; to chew; to gnaw; / to crash against (e.g. of waves); to break onto (shore); / to engage (of cogs, zippers, etc.); to mesh; to fit together; / to be involved in; / to fumble one's words (during a play, broadcast, etc.); to falter with one's words; / to strongly confute; to argue down; to rebuke; to scold harshly
- to regret bitterly; to be very sorry (for)
- to crunch; to masticate; / to simplify; to explain plainly
- to stifle a smile, yawn, etc.; / to bite to death
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.