raise; elevate; hoist; praise; extol; fry in deep fat
- 手扌龵 hand
- 양 [yang]
- Example words:
- to raise; to elevate; / to do up (one's hair); / to fly (a kite, etc.); to launch (fireworks, etc.); to surface (a submarine, etc.); / to land (a boat); / to deep-fry; / to show someone (into a room); / to summon (for geishas, etc.); / to send someone (away); / to enrol (one's child in school); to enroll; / to increase (price, quality, status, etc.); to develop (talent, skill); to improve; / to make (a loud sound); to raise (one's voice); / to earn (something desirable); / to praise; / to give (an example, etc.); to cite; / to summon up (all of one's energy, etc.); / to arrest; / to nominate; / to give; / to offer up (incense, a prayer, etc.) to the gods (or Buddha, etc.); / to bear (a child); / to conduct (a ceremony, esp. a wedding); / (of the tide) to come in; / to vomit; / to do for (the sake of someone else); / to complete ...; / to humbly do ...
- floating (e.g. in air, water); floatation; buoyancy; buoying up (e.g. economy)
- intonation; accent; modulation; inflection
- raising an army; / launching business
- enhancement; exaltation; promotion; uplift
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.