- Example words:
- Japanese apricot (Prunus mume); Japanese plum; ume; Chinese plum; / lowest (of a three-tier ranking system)
- rainy season (in Japan from early June to mid-July); / rain during the rainy season
- umeboshi; pickled dried ume; pickled dried plum
- the end of the rainy season
- entering the rainy season; beginning of the rainy season
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.
We're trying to keep Tangorin free and ad-free. If you like this dictionary, help us out with a donation so we can keep making it better.Donate