an ancient musical instrument
- 竹⺮ bamboo
- 축 [chug]
- zhú / zhù
- Example words:
- clave-like folk instrument; two bamboo pieces beaten together
- chicken stew with taro, carrot, burdock, etc.
- name of ancient country located in the modern Fukuoka prefecture
- Hichiku dialect (western Kyushu)
- Tsukushi (provinces of Chikuzen and Chikugo in northern Kyushu)
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.
We're trying to keep Tangorin free and ad-free. If you like this dictionary, help us out with a donation so we can keep making it better.Donate