- 付く☆【つく】 Inflection
godan ~く verb / intransitive verb:
- to be attached; to be connected with; to adhere; to stick; to cling
- to remain imprinted; to scar; to stain; to dye
- to bear (fruit, interest, etc.)
- to be acquired (of a habit, ability, etc.); to increase (of strength, etc.)
- to take root
- to accompany; to attend; to follow; to study with
- to side with; to belong to
- to possess; to haunt ➜ 憑く
- to be lit; to be lighted ➜ 点く
- to be settled; to be resolved; to be decided
- to be given (of a name, price, etc.)
- to be sensed; to be perceived
- to be lucky - from 運がつく
suffix / godan ~く verb:
- to become (a state, condition, etc.) - after -masu stems, onomatopoeic and mimetic words ➜ 付く【づく】
ボイラは湯あかがびっしりついた。 The boiler was heavily scaled.
それらの牛には焼き印がついている。 The cattle are marked with brands.
彼は妻が死んで以来酒を飲む癖がついた。 He has taken to drinking since the death of his wife.
風呂はついてますか。 Does it have a bathroom?
彼はその討論で反対派に付いた。 He sided with the opposition group in the argument.
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.
Search other dictionaries for 付く:
Yahoo!辞書 / goo辞書 / alc.co.jp / Weblio / Wiktionary