- the Emperor; His Majesty - honorific language
- the government; the authorities - honorific language
- proprietress; hostess; landlady; mistress - also written 女将 ➜ 女将
- your wife; his wife - also written 御内儀 or 内儀 - honorific language - archaism
- (one's) master; lord - honorific language - archaism
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.