- 呼ぶ★【よぶ】喚ぶ・招ぶirr. Inflection
godan ~ぶ verb / transitive:
- to call out (to); to call; to invoke
- to summon (a doctor, etc.)
- to invite
- to designate; to name; to brand
- to garner (support, etc.); to gather
- to take as one's wife - archaism ➜ 娶る
結婚式ではあまりにたくさんのごちそうが出されたので、新郎新婦はもっと多くの人を呼ぶべきだったかなと思い始めた。 Food and drink were served in such profusion at the wedding that the bride and groom began to wonder if they should not have invited more guests.
© Based on JMdict, KANJIDIC2, and JMnedict, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, used in conformance with the Group's licence. Example sentences from the Tatoeba project (CC BY 2.0). Kanji stroke order data from the KanjiVG project by Ulrich Apel (CC BY-SA 3.0). See comprehensive list of data sources for more info.